5 ways to keep your teeth and gums healthy
Do you have questions about how to take care of your teeth and gums? Here are 5 ways to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
- Limit your intake of sugary and acidic foods. By limiting your intake of sugary and acidic foods, you are saving your teeth from cavities and the breakdown of enamel.
- Brush at least twice a day. Brushing your teeth after meals is the best time to brush, but sometimes you cannot brush your teeth several times a day. By brushing your teeth morning and night, you reap the benefits of better teeth and breath.
- Brush thoroughly. Brushing your teeth thoroughly means brushing for at least two to three minutes. Choose a toothbrush that has soft bristles to be kind to your gums and a small head for better results on every tooth.
- Floss daily. Flossing helps get what your toothbrush can’t. By flossing daily, you are extracting any food that the toothbrush was unable to get out.
- See your dentist for regular check-ups. Visiting your dentist when you are experiencing dental problems is important. By jumping on the issue firsthand, your dentist is able to solve the problem before it becomes too large to handle.
Source: 10 tips to look after your teeth