A contractor will tell you the house is only as good as the foundation it is built upon. This premise is also true in dentistry.
Excellent gingival health gives you strong bone to hold your teeth in place and creates an environment which helps to prevent decay. Healthy gums also make any work that Dr. Kilby needs to perform more predictable.
Kilby Family Dentistry takes pride in the fact our hygiene department performs yearly periodontal disease assessments so we can catch disease early providing you with the best long term outcome. With accurate measurements and appropriate xrays, Dr. Kilby and our hygienists will properly diagnose your current condition and then outline a plan of treatment appropriate for you.
- Comparing Heart Disease and Periodontal Disease
- How is Respiratory Disease and Periodontal Disease Related?
- Diabetes and Gum Pain
- What are the signs of Oral Cancer or other Oral Pathology?
- How is Osteoporosis and Periodontal Disease Related?
- Using Local Antibiotics for Periodontal Pockets
- Premature Birth and Periodontal Disease
- Can Periodontal Disease be prevented?
- What is Periodontal Disease?