A contractor will tell you the house is only as good as the foundation it is built upon. This premise is also true in dentistry.
Excellent gingival health gives you strong bones to hold your teeth in place and creates an environment which helps prevent decay. Healthy gums also make any work that Dr. Kilby needs to perform more predictable.
Kilby Family and Cosmetic Dentistry takes pride in the fact that our hygiene department performs yearly periodontal disease assessments so we can catch disease early and provide you with the best long term outcome. With accurate measurements and appropriate xrays, Dr. Kilby and our hygienists will properly diagnose your current condition and will create a treatment plan appropriate for you.
- Premature Birth and Periodontal Disease
- Using Local Antibiotics for Periodontal Pockets
- What is Periodontal Disease?
- Why a Tooth Extraction is Necessary (Sometimes)
- Comparing Heart Disease and Periodontal Disease
- What are the signs of Oral Cancer or other Oral Pathology?
- How is Osteoporosis and Periodontal Disease Related?
- Can Periodontal Disease be prevented?
- How is Respiratory Disease and Periodontal Disease Related?